Kenya Film Commission Job Recruitment 2018 Internal Audit Manager
Job Ref: KFC/IAM/2018
Kenya Film Commission (KFC) is a State Corporation mandated to facilitate the development of a vibrant film and television industry in Kenya and to market the country’s filming potential locally and internationally. KFC works closely with film stakeholders, government agencies, private organizations, professional bodies and associations in the film industry and other film commissions. KFC has exciting career opportunities and now seeks to recruit the appropriate person to fill the position of Internal Audit Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors (Chief Executive Officer), the job holder will coordinate the reviewing of internal control systems and carries out investigations to ensure that the assets of the organization are safeguarded against misuse, fraud and loss; that operations are carried out in an efficient and effective manner in adherence to internal controls and governance processes and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing an integrated internal audit function covering all the areas of the operations.
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness and efficiency of all systems of controls including financial, operational and internal control systems and procedures.
- Preparing the annual audit programme and ensuring that it is effectively carried out.
- Periodically reviewing the suitability, reliability and use of management information produced within the organization.
- Evaluating business risks and systems of controls in order to provide value added recommendations.
- Analysing outcomes of audit activities, providing timely reports and following through to ensure that recommendations are considered and implemented.
- Providing leadership in the co-ordination of external audits and ensuring that issues raised by the auditors are addressed.
- Carrying out special audits and investigations (ad-hoc) as may be required from time to time and submitting reports of findings to the Board.
- Monitoring the efficiency of the operations of the organization;
- Identifying areas that offer opportunities for improvement and making appropriate recommendations.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Board and or management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or related field
- MBA is an added advantage
- Professional accounting qualifications CPA (K) or ACCA
- Should be a member of a recognised professional body such as Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK)
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Proven Analytical skills, skills in accounting and auditing.
- Proficiency in computerised accounting packages (accounting software).
- At least 6 years relevant experience in a similar position; three (3) years progressive experience in a professional audit firm will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please submit a hard copy to the sealed recruitment box at the reception of the Kenyan Film Commission, 2nd Floor, Jumuia Place II, Lenana Road, Kilimani, Nairobi and send a soft copy to email@example.com and should be received not later than 5.00pm on the Thursday 8th February, 2018.
Applications shall consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport. The application should be addressed to;-
Ag. Chief Executive Officer Kenya Film Commission, Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road, P. O. Box 76417, 00508 Nairobi.
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: