Kenya Film Commission Job recruitment 2018 for Senior ICT Officer
Job Ref. No: KFC/SICT/2018
Kenya Film Commission (KFC) is a State Corporation mandated to facilitate the development of a vibrant film and television industry in Kenya and to market the country’s filming potential locally and internationally. KFC works closely with film stakeholders, government agencies, private organizations, professional bodies and associations in the film industry and other film commissions. KFC has exciting career opportunities and now seeks to recruit the appropriate person to fill the position of Senior ICT Officer.
Kenya Film Commission seeks to recruit a dynamic, visionary and innovative person to fill the position of the Senior ICT Officer
To oversee and provide strategic leadership in the ICT function and ensure adequate systems that facilitate timely provision of information needed for effective operations of the Kenya Film Commission.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all software packages in use (commercial, corporate or internally developed).
- Maintain the Commissions web presence by posting new content in a timely manner and archiving outdated content.
- Conducts server operating system performance analysis, evaluates levels of systems operations and devises measures to improve overall performance.
- Track and analyze web traffic statistics for periodic reporting and review of content effectiveness.
- Provide user level training on daily applications used, including, but not limited to: MS Office 2007/2010 and other basic computer related skills.
- Administer Microsoft Windows Active Directory on Windows 2003/12 R2 Platform.
- Support and administer Microsoft Dynamics ERP 2009.
- Troubleshoot all hardware and software related problems.
- Maintain an Inventory of all IT resources.
- Create a routine computer maintenance schedule for updating device drivers, hard disk drives defragmentation and disk clean up.
- Assist with end user system updates and monitoring. Including: Patch management, spyware removal and testing, virus checking, ensuring backup of data files, etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/ Management information systems
- Masters in relevant field is an added advantage
- 6 years working experience in a busy IT environment
- Post-Graduate Diploma in IT related field
- Possession of relevant postgraduate degree
- Microsoft Certification
- MCITP certification is an added advantage
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL or SQL.
- Proficiency with content management systems such as Joomla or Drupal.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Design experience using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Database creation and database Internet Web integration.
- Experience in Active Directory.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be result driven and a team player.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Must be flexible and able to work long and odd hours.
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Bureau Reference.
Terms of Service:
- An attractive remuneration package, commensurate to your qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines, is offered.
- This appointment is on a three (3) year renewable term contract, subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Please submit a hard copy to the sealed recruitment box at the reception of the Kenyan Film Commission, 2nd Floor, Jumuia Place II, Lenana Road, Kilimani, Nairobi and send a soft copy to [email protected] and should be received not later than 5.00pm on the Thursday 8th February, 2018.
Applications shall consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport. The application should be addressed to;-
Ag. Chief Executive Officer Kenya Film Commission, Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road, P. O. Box 76417, 00508 Nairobi.
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: