Kenya Film Classification Board Job Vacancies 2018 for Communication Officer (2 Posts)
The Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) is a State Corporation established under the Film and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 Laws of Kenya to regulate the creation, broadcast, distribution and exhibition of film and broadcast content to conform to national aspirations, values, culture and morality. Further, the Kenya Information and Communications Act (KICA) empowers KFCB to impose age restrictions on programmes to protect children and minors from exposure to harmful content.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and an officer will work under the supervision of a senior officer. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Gathering information on existing programmes, significant events and monitoring the impact on internal and external customers for dissemination;
- Receiving and filing/recording internal and external customer feedback;
- Verifying authenticity and editing information for dissemination to the public and media; and
- Coordinating meetings and communication channels including handling of letters, memos, suggestion box and notice-board for effective and efficient information flow.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences
- with a Diploma in any of the following fields: Journalism, Mass Communication, Communication Studies, International Relations, Public Relations or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili; and
- Certificate in computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing day time telephone contacts, names and contacts of three referees and certified copies of the National Identity card and both academic and professional certificates to reach the undersigned not later than 28th March, 2018
Chief Executive Officer Kenya Film Classification Board P.O. Box 44226 – 00100 Uchumi House NAIROBI.