Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Job Vacancy 2018 for Corporation Secretary, Application Details
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position in its establishment:
KCAA Scale 3
Job Purpose: To advise Management and the Board on all Legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Authority.
- Preparing and organizing Board Meetings in compliance with all the laws, regulations and procedures.
- Preparing the Agenda, Board papers, Board Minutes, and other Board documents including Notifications and to ensuring that Board members receive the documentation for meetings in a timely manner.
- Keeping safe custody of Minutes of the Board, the Corporation’s seal and other Board documentation.
- Coordinating the submission of timely replies by the Authority to Parliamentary questions that touch on the mandate and operations of the Authority.
- Providing professional guidance to the Authority’s Board, Management and staff on compliance with good corporate governance practice.
- Assisting the Director General in all legal matters pertaining to the Authority and planning, coordinating and overseeing advice and guidance given by the legal office of the Authority to the Board, Management and staff of the Authority, with a view to ensuring compliance with the laws, regulations and procedures relevant to the mandate and operations of the Authority.
- A relevant Master’s degree from a recognized university.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Registered Certified Public Secretary.
- A Diploma in Air Law will be an added advantage.
- A Current Practicing Certificate.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Company / Corporate Law/Legal affairs.
- Experience in the aviation sector is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong legal and regulatory background relevant to the industry.
- Knowledge of ICAO and its standards and recommended practices.
- Knowledge of the Kenya Civil Aviation Act, 2013 and all its regulations
- Verbal and written communication/reporting skills to state legal issues clearly and concisely to different audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate high level of professional standards and ethics.
- Ability to manage and develop a team of professionals.
- Ability to proactively identify legal and regulatory issues that impact on KCAA’s business units in the short and long term.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to send their application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter.
Attach copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with day time telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below.
The Director General Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House – JKIA P.O. Box 30163 – 00100 Nairobi
The applications should be received not later than 23rd April 2018.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: