Kenya Airways Recruitment 2018 for Labor Relations Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Airways Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kenya Airways Recruitment 2018
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Employee Engagement & Labor Relations Manager Job Responsibilities
Research, develop, interpret and administer employee relations and welfare policies, processes and procedures to ensure promotion and maintenance of industrial harmony, fairness in the disciplinary processes and overall employee satisfaction.
- Provide guidance where needed in all communication relating to discipline for all staff in order to ensure clarity of communication and the capturing of the right offence.
- Prepare briefs on all disciplinary cases in the event of appeal against disciplinary action.
- Provide advice on grievance and disciplinary procedures to ensure that emerging issues are resolved amicably and speedily to maintain industrial harmony.
- Write disciplinary summary report for the Leadership Team in order to keep the business updated on the state of discipline in the company, handling of the disciplinary procedure and the speedy resolution of cases.
Employee Industrial and Legal relations
- Hold engagement sessions with staff to address any labour relations issues or work issues
- Position is the link between management, union and staff and provides logistics for the same to ensure good industrial relations
- Ensure timely preparation of briefs in cases involving both serving and ex staff so as to protect the company position.
- Participate in Collective Bargaining Agreements negotiations to protect company interests and enhance good industrial relations.
- Provide advice and support to line managers on implementation of Collective Bargaining Agreements, staff rules and labor laws to maintain industrial harmony.
- Arrange for witnesses and court attendance in cases involving employees or ex-employees against the Company
- Develop, plan and implement staff welfare programs and initiatives in accordance with the company policies for purposes of enhancing positive employee relations climate that will improve productivity.
- Plan and ensure company sports day is implemented successfully subject to budget.
- Responsible for sourcing and managing the canteen provider in accordance with the public health cleanliness and safety standards.
- To prepare, monitor and control Employee welfare budgets to ensure effective cost control.
- Source for cost effective employee insurances and ensure speedy claim settlement.
- Ensure implementation of long service awards and retirees awards in accordance with the HR Policy.
- Training and refreshing managers and supervisors on the company disciplinary processes so as to ensure consistency and fairness in the said processes.
Labour laws Training
- 8 years in employee relations, 4 of which should be in employee relations management
- Achievement Drive & Initiative – Level 2
- Passion for Kenya Airways – Level 2
- Industry and Market Knowledge – Level 2
- Leading Courageously – Level 2
- Living and Breathing Customer Service – Level 2
- Leading Teams for Excellence – Level 2
- Holding Others Accountable – Level 3
- Humility – Level 2
- Collaborating as a Team – Level 2
- Coaching and Developing Others – Level 2
How to Apply