KEMRI Wellcome Trust Job Vacancy 2019 for Data Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KEMRI Wellcome Trust Job Vacancies 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
KEMRI Wellcome Trust Job Vacancies 2019
Reference Number: DM2012019
The main purpose of the job is to be responsible for ensuring data quality and completeness according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) for an international research network.
- The Senior Project Manager.
Budget and Resource Responsibility
- Responsibility for |CT hardware and software.
We are operating an international network conducting harmonised health research to improve survival in sick undernourished children in Africa and Asia (The CHAIN Network). The job will involve use of databases and other data applications for data verification and feedback to multiple sites.
The post holder will have a high level of responsibility for ensuring data quality, data storage and security, and thus the integrity of the results.
The post holder will work on data management for the entire network particularly in the area of laboratory data. The post holder should be able to work unsupervised, often with a variable timescale. The post mentally demanding, involving a high level of communication with sites in other countries, as well as technical ability demonstrated in the use of statistical software and ability to work within laboratory constraints.
- Manage tools for collecting, entering, editing, cleaning, organizing, and archiving data.
- Carry out data review, validation including discrepancy checking, and cleaning. Perform data entry using the developed databases as well as data transcription into Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Manage data entry staff (permanent or casual) in collaboration with Administration and PIs and monitor performance.
- Design database for capturing and storing data.
- Prepare performance indicator reports on data status as study project progress. Co-ordinate data for all study sites projects.
- Conduct preliminary analysis and generate study progress reports.
- Participate in the development, review and translation of research tools; Participate in the pre-testing of data collection platforms;
- Data cleaning including doing all required consistency checks for project data;
- Document project data sets according to the Center’s guidelines on data documentation, archiving and sharing;
- Extract data and prepare analytical files;
- Develop template syntax files for research staff to use in creating various data sets;
- Perform basic and advanced statistical analysis of data using tools such as STATA and R.
- Assist in training other staff members on data analysis.
- Ability and willing to travel to all study sites in Africa and Asia.
- Degree in Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences or Information Technology or related qualification.
- Atleast 3 years experience as a Data Manager in clinical research studies
- Experience in Data Management for Clinical Research or trials involving handling of laboratory data.
- Understanding of relational database design, implementation and verification. e Training and/or experience in data management
- Statistics experience with REDCap, Stata or R.
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL.
- Excellent knowledge of database design and data modelling.
- Excellent skills in data manipulation and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines e Flexibility, adaptability, ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Conscientiousness, timeliness and willingness to work to meet deadlines
- Based at the KEMRI/Wellcome Trust Research Programme in Kilifi, Kenya. e Be available to work out of hours if necessary.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 16 January, 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More