KEMRI Job Vacancy 2018 for Research Internships, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KEMRI job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
KEMRI Job Vacancy 2018
KEMRI Human DNA Identification Laboratory (HID laboratory) offers DNA Testing services and conducts training in the area Human DNA Identification workflows. The program is collaboration between Centre for Biotechnology Research and Development and the Production Department.
The program is currently conducting training on Forensic serology and DNA analysis and seeks to recruit interns:-
Research Internship Responsibilities
- Prepare experiments for training purposes.
- Assist in running of laboratory assays during training
- Work as part of training teams and actively participate in all training programme activities.
- Assist in other tasks to support the training programme as required.
- Provide administrative assistance.
- Assist in assessment of trainees during practical sessions.
Qualifications for the Research Internship
- BSc. Biochemistry from a recognized institution;
- Familiarity with molecular laboratory equipment;
- Conversant with molecular biology techniques; DNA extraction, PCR, PCR and Fragment analysis;
- Knowledgeable in forensic serology and DNA analysis
How to Apply
The project WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
A monthly stipend will be given without any other benefits.
Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover; and
INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered.
Applications MUST include the following:
Letter of Application
Current Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
2 letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
Copies of Certificates, or Transcripts
Applications are due no later than 12th September 2018 to be addressed to:-
The Training Cordinator KEMRI/CBRD/Human DNA Identification Laboratory P.O. Box 54840 – 00200 NAIROBI OR
Email: [email protected]
ONLY THOSE SHORTLISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: