Kempinski Hotels Job Vacancy 2018 for Sous Chef Pastry, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kempinski Hotels Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kempinski Hotels Job Vacancy 2018
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Reporting to the Executive Pastry Chef/Executive Chef,Responsibilities will be to assist in the daily management of Pastry Operations including organizing and managing daily kitchen operation, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge. Ensure the Pastry department provides the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins hence maximizing guest satisfaction and profitable efficiency. Assist in preparing and implementing menus and specialty dishes for all outlets.
- Adhere to Hotel standards of food quality, preparation, recipes and presentation.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene and ensure company’s standards are maintained by all Pastry kitchen staff.
- Ensure good interdepartmental and departmental working relationships are maintained.
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly by checking that work has been carried out correctly, the daily function sheet and mise en place lists, and setting priorities in accordance to last minute changes.
- Establish – in conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef – job methods and on a regular basis supervise and correct if necessary cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service quality.
- Inspect food stores and refrigerated areas and correct, where necessary, storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations to avoid spoilage.
- Liaise with chief steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges to ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery for the Pastry department.
- Work with Superior and Director of Human Resource to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is responsible for cost-conscious acting by the staff.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure all Pastry Chefs are well trained.
- Is aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Is familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly as well as instructing others on correct procedures.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- High School or secondary diploma required
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- Minimum 4 years kitchen experience
- Minimum 3 years in a pastry kitchen role, preferably with a 5* Hotel chain
- International experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations.
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kempinski Hotels career website on kempinski.taleo.net to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: