KCB Bank Job Vacancy 2018 for Insurance Sales & Business Development, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KCB Bank Job Vacancy. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
KCB Bank Job Vacancy 2018
Reporting to the Managing Director/ Principal Officer, KCBIA the position is responsible for ensuring a strong operational foundation and service delivery through the implementation of frameworks and managing risks. The position shall manage and oversee teams responsible for the underwriting and claims activities, ICT systems, digital initiatives and projects.
Insurance Operations & Support Services Manager Job Responsibilities
- To develop and lead the implementation of the Insurance Operations and Support Services strategy in line with the overall KCBIA Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization, prudent cost and risk management.
- Define, implement and maintain appropriate operations frameworks standards and principles across the business to maximize synergy, sharing of best practice and commercial benefit including quality assurance of the banks process environment.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all underwriting and claims activities in the Company, Risk assessment, business review, acquisition and retention of profitable business mitigating losses.
- Champion the delivery of excellent customer service and utilize customer feedback to evaluate operational success and to initiate process or service improvements.
- Provide leadership in the design of all the Company’s processes and procedures to ensure that there is an effective process management framework that focuses on the customer, and addresses the risks that are inherent in the business.
- Ensure process improvement through the development and review of new/current processes, procedures and deployment of new technology that improves the efficiency of Insurance operations and/or the company as a whole.
- Proactively manage all risk arising from operations by consistently applying the risk management framework across the company.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and risk management for all claims operations under their management.
- Provide oversight to the Information and technology unit, be responsible for ensuring seamless system operations, identify and implement initiatives that improve cycle time, increase capacity and/or reduce expenses to support growth of business.
- Develop, implement and maintain a value-adding regime of key performance indicators, business metrics and external benchmarking data that enables business decisions.
- Provide effective project management leadership and methods to ensure that priorities are established, and undertake quality assurance on the implementation of new projects and business initiatives.
- To build and maintain collaborative and strategic relationships with relevant people in the industry, customers, regulators, KCB Group and other stakeholders, to ensure efficient delivery of business solutions.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the Insurance industry; (at a macro, current market structures, trends; enabling technologies regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunity are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing team.
Requirements for the Insurance Operations & Support Services Manager Job
- Degree in Insurance, or Business, Finance, or other related field from an accredited institution and relevant Insurance professional qualifications. (CII)
- Have at least 6 years management experience in insurance specializing in general insurance operations and must have:
- Experience in a busy insurance operations department.
- Experience in underwriting and claims management.
- Proven experience in in analyzing and/or re-engineering business operations policies, process and procedures.
- Experience in project management.
- Broad and deep knowledge of departmental and enterprise-wide operations, products, programs, technology, distribution channels and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business strategies, identify opportunities for process redesign and improvement and conceptualize solutions.
- Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the general insurance industry (especially operating dynamics of East Africa), market and global trends as well as challenges
- Have extensive knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements processes, procedures and operations of insurance companies and brokers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with other departments/stakeholders in the successful resolution of operational issues.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, interpersonal skills, networking and negotiation skills, with ability to lead a team and foster a cohesive working environment.
- Highest standards of personal conduct, professional performance and business ethics
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 4th May, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
KRA Pin Card
Birth Certificate of self
Passport Photo (White Background)
Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: