Kava Job Vacancy for Data Scientist, Application details
Kava is a financial services integrator for consumers and trade. We aim to demolish the barriers to financial inclusion by creating the ‘Uber’ of financial services for Africa’s underserved consumers and informal economy.
We are looking for someone with analytical, statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and interpret vast amounts of conventional and alternative data to develop data-driven solutions to difficult decisioning challenges.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction models integrated with our products.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Ability to work with both structured and unstructured data and come up with solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Ability to process data and present it through visuals and communicate to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Ability to develop custom data models and algorithms to apply data sets.
- Ability to develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Experience in data mining.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research.
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop).
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced Degree or BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
How to Apply
If you meet this qualification and would like to join our team of professionals, kindly send your CV and Cover letter to [email protected] before the end of day 16th December 2017.
Let the job title as the subject of your email and indicate your expected salary in your cover letter.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: