KANCO Job Vacancy For Finance Officer, Application Details
KANCO is membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya. It is an accredited Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance.
Our mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
Guided by the vision – healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in Kenya and in sub-saharan Africa.
KANCO is recruiting a Finance Officer who will be based in Mombasa.
S/he will ensure timely accounting for all grants and in accordance with the donor grant agreement(s) and KANCO policies
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure timely accounting for all grants and in accordance with the donor grant agreement(s) and KANCO policies.
- Support in preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts and implementing appropriate budgetary controls;
- Reviewing and ensuring that all payments support documentation are in line with the laid down policies and procedures before processing of payments are made;
- Ensuring that the finance system’s accounting routine actions are adequately handled .
- Monitoring bank accounts and ensuring adequate liquidity is maintained Developing financial analysis tools that can generate financial information for decision making based on the Accounting database;
- Managing of petty cash
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly quarterly and annual financial reports
- Support in the preparation of organization audits;
Qualifications for the Finance Officer
- Degree in Finance/Business Administration with additional professional qualification (CPA)
- Atleast 5 years of finance and accounting experience in a similar post in the NGO sector with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Understanding of finance records reconciliations.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system. Experience
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the operation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV, stating the current and expected salary before 29th December 2017 to email@example.com.
The email subject should read Finance Officer- Mombasa
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: