Kakamega County Job Vacancy 2018 for Press Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kakamega County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kakamega County Job Vacancy 2018
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
- Media monitoring, disseminating and preparing relevant briefs to management team;
- Preparing public participation activities including programming, messaging and positioning of the County Government in national media;
- Drafting news releases and key presentations to various audiences, and preparing press briefing sessions;
- Managing media liaison activities including interactive and bonding sessions;
- Supervising technical staff including graphic designers and sound technicians;
- Writing news stories and features in internal and external publications including magazines, fliers and newspaper supplements;
- Contributing and editing news updates on social media platforms; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Journalism & Mass Communication, International Relations, Public Relations and Media Studies from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution and Diploma in journalism and mass communication, international relations, public relations, media studies and any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution:
- Certificate in digital photography and video editing will be added advantage;
- Six (6) years’ experience in mass media and in a busy communication office;
- Have a clear understanding of the working of the media and marketing environments;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Ability to undertake social research and analysis;
- Meet the requirements of Articles 10, 232 and Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Applicants for the above positions will be required to get clearance from the following to meet requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
Applications should be submitted to:
THE SECRETARY/CEO COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O. BOX 458-50100KAKAMEGA Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 13th November 2018. County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: