Jumia Job Vacancy 2019 for Head of Commercial Planning
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Jumia Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Jumia Job Vacancy 2019
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
What’s this job all about?
The Head of Commercial Planning manages and coordinates the work of the commercial planning team. Interacting with all the departments and C-Levels internally, the Head of Commercial Planning is playing a key role within the company, driving performance, leading commercial planning and delivering data driven commercial analysis.
Taking the lead of the commercial strategic orientation and the responsibility for delivering the Business Plan, the Head of Commercial Planning will bring an exceptional growth for the sales value & volume, the margin and the conversion rate. She / He will be responsible for the decisions she / he makes and will monitor her / his performance.
The Head of Commercial Planning will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience and ensuring Jumia becomes the most beloved shopping destination for Africans, thanks to the right assortment, the best prices, addictive promotions and the most innovative merchandizing strategies.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Managing a team of Commercial Planners and Merchandizer ensuring the team is properly structured, motivated and performing.
- Delivering growth, ensuring pro-active turn around plans leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing direction, feedback and support to the whole commercial team.
- Ensuring all Jumia websites always have for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right position.
- Being within Jumia leadership, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic commercial orientation.
- Understanding all your market segments, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance of the categories, leading to action oriented recommendations.
- Owning the merchandising of our websites, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every levels of Jumia’s strategy.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools.
- 7+ years’ experience in Retail / FMCG, 5+ years’ experience in consulting (BCG, Bain, McKinsey), 5+ years’ experience in ecommerce (Amazon, Alibaba, etc.)
- Top 1% Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- Action oriented and performance driven
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Well organized and very detail oriented
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: