Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Job Vacancy 2019 for Project Development Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Job Vacancies Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Job Vacancies Job Vacancy 2019
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
Estimated Date of Interviews 6th, 7th, 8th February 2019
The overall objective of the program in Kenya is to reduce mortality and morbidity by improving the health conditions and reducing vulnerability of people. Johanniter’s intervention aims to improve the provision of and access to quality health care, improve nutrition, improve food security and strengthen resilience of vulnerable communities.
In Kenya, Johanniter International Assistance works exclusively through local partners. Our main partner is Africa Inland Church Health Ministries (AICHM).
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Overall Job purpose:
The Project Development Assistant position is an international position within Johanniter International Assistance in Kenya structure. The overall objective of the position is to support the Head of Mission (HoM) on overseeing proposals development, report writing and grant management. A key deliverable of the position is to ensure high-quality proposals and reporting. A large part of the work is to maintain constructive and effective relationship with the partner(s) to attain the expected high-quality proposals and reporting.
- Reporting to: Head of Mission (HoM) (direct supervisor)
- Head of Desk Africa in Berlin HQ (next level supervisor)
- Receives technical advice from: Desk Officer HQ, Finance Controller HQ, Logistics Coordinator HQ, Regional Head of Finance
- Working with: Partners in Kenya and the Kenya team
- Standing in for: M&E Coordinator.
- Replaced by: M&E Coordinator
- Maintain a strong, positive and constructive working relationship with the partners.
- Work closely with the Head of Mission and the M&E Coordinator to ensure delivery of quality outputs throughout the complete project cycle including design and preparation, implementation, review and reporting phases.
- In close collaboration with the HoM, M&E Coordinator and Desk Officer in Headquarters ensure high-quality reporting and proposal writing for all projects in Kenya, ensuring consistency of different sections and correct/report inconsistencies. Translate all relevant documents from English into German and vice versa.
- Maintain and circulate monthly reporting schedules, send timely reminders to partner, field teams, coordination team to ensure adherence to reporting schedules as to ensure smooth completion of work responsibilities related to project designs and reporting.
- Support the HoM in ensuring that the projects are being developed along the strategic priorities.
- Monitor and remain informed on the evolving humanitarian situation in the country, participate in health cluster meetings and other cluster meetings as relevant and when possible, participate in refugee programming coordination meetings.
- Contribute to country strategy and annual planning with the CD and M&E Coordinator.
- Travel to all project sites if required.
- Review and understand donor compliance and internal regulations and flag off to the SMT any problem/issue that may be foreseen.
Provide training, when required, to staff and partners on compliance and reporting requirements.
- Help coordinate strategies to optimize the grants administration process, grant opening meetings, BvA meetings, and 90 days end-of-project meetings; take minutes during these meetings and follow-up on action points for aforementioned meetings.
- Monitor documentation provided by partner connected with donor-funded projects including all activities performance records.
- Ensure that project reviews are carried out periodically and that audits/evaluations are carried out as per the donor agreements. Ensure adherence to timelines for all report submissions in accordance with Johanniter and donor contractual agreements.
- Support Head of Mission in any other relevant tasks that may arise
University Degree in a relevant field or equivalent degree OR relevant work experience in similar position
- At least 1 year of experience in project proposal development, logical frame work, and report and proposal writing in the field of humanitarian aid and development cooperation
- At least 1 year of experience of overall project management in developing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in working with local partners including church partner organizations.
- Experience in working with German institutional donors (Auswärtiges Amt, BMZ) and of donor reporting requirements
- Experience in project needs assessment and budget management an asset
- Previous working experience in Kenya desirable
- Fluency in German and English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
- Demonstrated strong writing and revision skills (in terms of content, structuring and copy-editing).
- Great attention to details
- Team player
- Ability to coach staff on technical requirements
- Diplomatic and an effective communicator at all levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Able and willing to work under stress and with tight deadlines.
Terms and Conditions
Start date: Monday, April 01, 2019
Contract duration: Definite contract for 6 months (with possible extension)
Remuneration: 37,590 – 39,560 € annual gross salary (according to Johanniter AVR-J internal tariff and depending on relevant previous working experience).
Benefits: – Maximum one month salary as annual special payment (depending on length of service within the year)
- Social security provisions (lump sum 375 € per month) (for expats not falling under social security)
- International insurance package
- 29 days annual paid leave
- Per diems (for international postings) for days in project country (currently 35 € per day)
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
How to Apply
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates in case available) should be sent to: [email protected]
Please indicate “Kenya, PDA” in the subject line of email and mention your earliest date of availability
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- EXPLORE MORE: