Jhpiego Job Vacancy 2018 for ICT Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Jhpiego Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Jhpiego Job Vacancy 2018
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
Jhpiego is the lead implementing partner for Afya Kamilisha, a USAID-funded five-year project focused to support the GOK with HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services in the focus counties of Kiambu, Embu, Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Murang’a, Nyandarua, Nyeri, Kitui and Kirinyaga. The project aims to increase the utilization and quality of HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards meeting the 90-90-90 goal.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Reporting to the Information & Technology Officer and based in Juja, the ICT Assistant will assist in the development, deployment and user training on the Jhpiego Project Tracking Tool (JPTT).
S/he will work with the Program Technology Officer and the IT Officer to offer support and operations to end users on JPTT and other desktop support roles.
- Conduct JPTT user support and training.
- First line helpdesk support to users and escalate technical issues as appropriate.
- Assist in JPTT system documentation.
- Assist in conducting intensive software testing and peer code review.
- Update work plan budgets/make approved changes in JPTT.
- Assist in expense/accruals reporting in JPTT.
- Work with the Project teams and document gaps that requires the attention of the PTO – system requirements specifications.
- Assist in mapping business processes for USAID/Afya Kamilisha project.
User Support & Client Systems
- Setup and management of desktops, laptops, printers and phone handsets.
- Installation and maintenance of software on client systems.
- Maintain system and configuration change documentation.
- Management and operation of service desk system.
- Provide support on LAN/WAN/VPN telephone or VoIP.
- Knowledge management and knowledge sharing.
- Provide support for Office 365 applications and continuous user support to ensure improved utilization.
- Provision of Level 1 user support (diagnosis and resolution of basic desktop/laptop, printer, peripheral and software faults).
- Escalation of service requests and follow up as necessary.
Loaner Pool Management
- Check in and check out of loaner IT equipment.
- Ensure virus definitions, Microsoft and other software are up-to-date on loaner laptops.
- Maintain schedule of issued loaner IT equipment.
- Setup of loaner laptops.
- Bachelor’s degree (BIT, MIS, Computer Science or related field).
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- At least 1-year experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience in software development processes and support.
- Confident user of Windows Client & Server operating systems and common desktop applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Knowledge of computer operations, data analysis, database management, and technical support.
- Understanding of client/server-based applications.
- Good understanding of the principles of structured network cabling and the practicalities of connecting network devices.
- Recognition of the function of basic network infrastructures such as routers and switches.
- Understanding of the importance of documenting system configuration information.
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies, and private sector foundations.
- General knowledge of database applications, enterprise resource planning, and inventory tracking systems.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send an application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: [email protected] or at our website www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com by 11th January 2019.
Indicate how your education and experience qualify you for the position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE: