Jacaranda Health Job Vacancy 2018 for County Program Coordinator, Application Details
Jacaranda Health is a non-profit organization focused on ensuring that all women have access to affordable, high quality and patient-centered care.
Our maternity hospital serves low-income women peri-urban Nairobi, and has grown from 600 patients in 2012, to over 24,000 patient visits annually, and has achieved international recognition as a provider of high-quality care. Jacaranda also partners with government facilities to adapt these tools for impact in the public sector.
Our program partnerships with mission and public facilities have grown from 3 facilities in 2015, to 15 facilities serving over 30,000 women and babies in 2017. We are now seeking to expand our partnerships with county level governments across Kenya.
Jacaranda Health is seeking a Coordinator to support the launch of new county programs. The Program Coordinator will act as the liaison between the Jacaranda field operations and management at the head office.
In addition, the Coordinator will be the key focal point for county health management teams, making sure all parties stay up to date on the project and have input into the design and implementation.
The Coordinator will also be responsible coordination of data collection for programmatic monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Works as a self-driven individual who is passionate about maternal health and helping Jacaranda implement evidence-based practices to improve service delivery for women
- Handles day-to-day challenges and concerns of field staff and addresses them with maturity and creativity, elevating when necessary
- Assists in data collection and monitoring, and providing key insights into the program
- Actively pursues opportunities to strengthen relationships with county health management officials
- Is comfortable traveling to various project sites and meetings
- Presents on-going updates to relevant stakeholders throughout project period
- Communicates regularly with the Jacaranda Program Manager in Nairobi and submits reports on timely basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, or related disciple; Masters Degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, data collection/monitoring
- Proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfort working unfamiliar / low-resource settings
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills including reports and advice for key internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage one’s own responsibilities within required timeframes and to provide advice on project impacts and outcomes.
- Local language skills, knowledge of Bungoma County a strong plus
This position is expected to be a contract of 12 months, based in Bungoma County with travel to Nairobi on occasion.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application cover letters and CVs firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line County Program Coordinator. No hard copies required or accepted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: