Islamic Relief Job Recruitment 2018 for Finance Assistant
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities. We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Through working in chronic food deficit areas and in the most disadvantaged areas, IRK has ensured that its programmes target those who are most vulnerable in the most disadvantaged areas. These programmes include Health and nutrition, Water and Sanitation, livelihoods, Child-welfare and other special programmes (Qurbani and Ramadhan).
International Programme Department is:
- To contribute to the process of global poverty alleviation and
- Strengthen Islamic Relief (IR) global work through the provision of technical support in cooperation with regional desks and support units.
Kenya program is:
- To contribute to the poverty alleviation in Kenya and
- To strengthen IR Kenya office through the provision of technical and managerial support.
To assist in finance related tasks in line with agreed and accepted IR financial practices and procedures.
To maintain the petty cash, prepare vouchers, record transactions and petty cash reconciliation, get approval and maintain filing.
- Preparation of and vouching of transaction supporting documentations as required by Islamic Relief procedures.
- Writing of cheques
- Issuing cheques to suppliers.
- Ensure all transactions are adequately supported prior to payment.
- Ensure that all vouchers are well approved
- Reconciling Banks for Moyale Office and also keep updated record for the bank account.
- Recording of petty cash transactions and cash book maintenance. Ensure reconciliation of the petty cash balance daily and to get it approved by the finance officer.
- Preparation of monthly field reports and submits to the finance manager.
- Preparation of monthly funds request and submit to the Country office.
- Maintenance of the financial filing, and ensuring that copies are maintained at the end of each project and ensuring adequate archiving.
- Perform any other duties as requested by his/her line manager subject to comply and not conflict with the above.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are appropriately filled.
- Bachelor in Business management (finance option) or related field
- At least 3 year experience in procurement management in NGO set-up
- Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel).
- Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Flexible and patient.
- Fluent in Written and spoken English.
- Ability to cope with stress, and live in environment with very basic living condition
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of IR Kenya
How to Apply
If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from our website www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us/ and forward the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: