IRC Job Vacancies 2018 for NGO Nutrition Officer
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Manager, the Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for implementation of the Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) program, nutrition surveillance, hospital feeding, nutrition education & counseling and promotion of maternal infant and young child nutrition in the camp.
- Implement and supervise the inpatient and outpatient therapeutic feeding of severely malnourished under-fives while following the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers, individuals with medical conditions (HIV/AIDS and TB).
- Ensure the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) activities are implemented successfully.
- Implement comprehensive maternal infant and young child nutrition program (MIYCN) with strong Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) and Baby Friendly Community initiative (BFCI) approaches.
- Supervise and monitor the hospital inpatients diet including the special diets for medical cases like diabetes, TB, HIV/AIDS, Hypertensive among others.
- Train and mentor the nutrition program staff and the integrated community health promoters through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings and on the job trainings.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health professionals.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Plan and conduct the annual health and nutrition surveys together with other stakeholders in the camp.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under fives on a quarterly basis in collaboration with the Community Health Promoters.
- Work closely with other nutrition related programs such as HIV/AIDS, Environmental Health, Clinical Services and Community Health Program in order to improve the nutrition situation in the camp.
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well prepare food requisitions.
- Coordinate Nutrition meetings with IRC and participate in Project monitoring, Review and Evaluation.
- Represent IRC in Nutrition Coordination meetings with Implementing partners and other Nutrition /Health related forums.
- Lease with Supply Chain Department in logistical Program Supplies procurement and Monitoring Supply control
- Stock monitoring of various commodities
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized University.
- Must be a registered nutrition or dietitian KNDI
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum 1 years work experience in community nutrition and implementation.
- Experience in maternal infant and young nutrition with strong BFHI & BFCI approaches.
- Experience in nutrition survey and assessments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong report writing and team working skills.
- Knowledge in computer packages and basic analysis skills.
- Experience in Nutrition and HIV/AIDS programming added advantage.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
How to Apply
To apply please follow link below; https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=1031
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: