IPOA Job Vacancies 2018 for Senior Investigations Officer 10 Positions (122-202k)
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Senior Investigations Officer will be responsible to the Director, Investigations through the Head of Investigations.
- Developing investigation/work plans for the cases allocated;
- Undertaking investigations on allegations of misconduct, deaths and serious injuries to persons while in police custody, or which are the result of police action or inaction; or were caused by members of the National Police Service;
- Leading investigations into cases undertaken by investigations teams;
- Gathering and analysing evidence and organizing it in statements, sets of records and facts;
- Gathering information and produce intelligence reports to inform investigations;
- Recording of statements from complainants, witnesses and suspects officers;
- Ensuring safe custody of all investigative records and evidence;
- Attending post-mortems;
- Documenting all investigations in concise, factual and timely manner;
- Supporting prosecution process in court; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Served for a minimum period of three (2) years in investigatory work in a national or international investigation agency at the grade of Investigation Officer or Forensic Auditor or four (4) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law, Political Science, Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license;
- Ability to use computer application;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance; and
- Demonstrable knowledge in investigation, forensic audit and human rights.
Required behavioural skills:
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues; and
- Demonstrated professional competence, integrity and capability in work performance;
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to view detailed job descriptions at www.ipoa.go.ke
under careers and send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form found at the Authority’s website; www.ipoa.go.ke, updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances. Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification. Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 6th FEBRUARY, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants MUST note that they may be posted to serve in ANY of the following regional offices; Mombasa, Kisumu, Garissa, Nakuru, Eldoret (with a satellite office in Lodwar), Nyeri, Kakamega, and Meru.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: