IPOA Job Recruitment 2018 for Senior Complaints Management Officer 5 Posts (122-202K)
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Senior Complaints Management Officer will be responsible to the Director, Complaints Management and Legal Services through the Head of Complaints Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating receipt of complaints against and by the police and ensuring that necessary records of the same are made;
- Supervising the screening and processing of all complainants;
- Ensuring that complainants are attended to and advised on ways to resolve the complaints;
- Assessing complaints to ensure documents in support of each complaint are submitted to the Authority;
- Coordinating and supporting the Case In-take Committee to determine the admissibility of complaints received;
- Implementing systems and processes for efficient processing and management of complaints against the police;
- Monitoring complaints and ensuring that complainants are updated on the status of their complaints especially the ones referred to IAU for further action;
- Coordinating the conduct of preliminary inquiries on complaints received and ensuring that police stations and other relevant agencies are contacted with the aim of obtaining information and requisite documentation;
- Analysing and causing complaints to be referred to relevant agencies;
- Assisting in the promotion of proactive resolution of complaints against the police through ADR;
- Ensuring that data is received, uploaded and up-dated into the Complaints Investigations Management System(CIMS), ECM and other records;
- Ensuring all correspondence and records are up to date and filed accurately in respective files;
- Responding to inquiries by complainants and providing appropriate feedback;
- Assisting in preparation of various department reports as and when required; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Authority.
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Complaints Management Officer I or for a period of six (6) years in Complaints services in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Criminology, Dispute Resolution, Psychology and other Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Candidates must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to view detailed job descriptions at www.ipoa.go.ke
under careers and send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form found at the Authority’s website; www.ipoa.go.ke, updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances. Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification. Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 6th FEBRUARY, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants MUST note that they may be posted to serve in ANY of the following regional offices; Mombasa, Kisumu, Garissa, Nakuru, Eldoret (with a satellite office in Lodwar), Nyeri, Kakamega, and Meru.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: