IPOA Job Recruitment 2018 for Regional Office Coordinator
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Regional Office Coordinator will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer through the Director in charge of the regional office.
- Coordinating all the activities at the regional office, ensuring high performance levels in all operational areas;
- Providing leadership, guidance, coaching and mentoring regional office team members and identifying individual and collective training needs;
- Effective and efficient management of resources- human, physical and financial at the regional office;
- Building an effective team, maintaining staff discipline and work culture project a positive image of the Authority to the public at all times;
- Ensuring accountability, integrity and transparent in usage of funds advanced through standing imprests. The funds SHOULD be utilized for the intended and authorised;
- Auditing regional office files and records to ensure adherence to IPOA standards;
- Liaising with the Head Office (HO) and seeking guidance / clarification at all times;
- Liaising with Directors/Heads of departments on regional office issues, and seeking guidance / clarification at all times, external agencies such as ODPP, Judiciary and other actors in criminal justice administration;
- Ensuring compliance with the Authority objectives, policies, procedures, annual work plan and strategic plan;
- Disseminating and implementing Authority’s decisions at the regional office;
- Holding weekly staff meetings. Minutes to be prepared, signed and dispatched to the HO for the attention of Director in-charge of the office;
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports to the HO. Reports to include: number of complaints received during the monthly and cumulative number, number of cases under investigations and progress, monthly expenditure, and any other related matters;
- Attending Management meetings on quarterly basis, or as may be required during which you will be expected to present a quarterly report;
- Any other related duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of either Senior Legal/Security/ Investigations/Inspections/Monitoring Officer for a period of twelve (9) years in Legal/Security/Investigations/ Inspections or Monitoring services, three (3) of which must have been in a management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Forensic Science, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law, Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Registered with a relevant Professional Body where applicable; Certificate in computer application skills;
- Certificate in either Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Programme from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate impartiality, discretion, tact and good firm judgement; Strong analytical skills and critical thinker;
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to view detailed job descriptions at www.ipoa.go.ke
under careers and send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form found at the Authority’s website; www.ipoa.go.ke, updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances. Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification. Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 6th FEBRUARY, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants MUST note that they may be posted to serve in ANY of the following regional offices; Mombasa, Kisumu, Garissa, Nakuru, Eldoret (with a satellite office in Lodwar), Nyeri, Kakamega, and Meru.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: