Ipas Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Policy Advisor II, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Ipas Africa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Ipas Africa Job Vacancy 2018
Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Policy Advisor II provides technical support for policy and advocacy initiatives to increase access to safe abortion services. This position supports the work with stakeholders and policy makers to ensure access to abortion for women is not compromised. The Advisor II also assists with implementing strategies to improve the enabling environment in support of women’s reproductive rights, with a focus on abortion care.
This position also supports the work with stakeholders and policy makers at the regional, community and national level to ensure access to abortion and contraception for women is promoted and safeguarded. The Advisor also takes the lead in implementing advocacy and communications strategies to improve the enabling environment in support of women’s reproductive rights, with a focus on abortion and contraception care.
- Provides assistance in planning and budgeting for policy activities, tracks and monitors policy activities and planned results; may monitor small grants as well
- In coordination with other office staff, provides policy support and technical assistance as needed for global policy unit and national policy activities
- Maintains relationships with government officials and other regional organizations to assist with Ipas’ mission by assisting with coordination of sensitization workshops and providing ongoing information Working with key stakeholders at Regional and County level (Kenya) towards budgetary allocations and commitments.
- Supports fundraising initiatives for policy activities by contributing to donor proposals and preparation or review of donor reports
- Coordinate social media campaigns hosted by Ipas and be the lead person in providing technical support and otherwise to partners who have likeminded social campaigns.
- Researches information for drafts of white papers and policy briefs for influencing policy and increasing access to safe abortion services
- Tracks and monitors existing networks and partnerships of organizations and institutions to support Ipas’ mission and legal changes on abortion
- May monitor the sex selection advocacy momentum and work to prevent adverse impact on access to safe abortions
- May represents the organization at various national and international meetings to ensure incorporation of Ipas objectives into the agenda for discussion
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Internal And External Customers/Suppliers As Well As Third Parties
- Reports to key senior Policy staff in reference to country programs efforts and needs, management of programs, and other project issues
- Works with NC Global and Country office policy team members in reference to workshop logistics, implementation of activities, and program needs
- Works with finance unit in reference to budgets, grants and other financial issues
- Manages relationships with external entities including partner organizations, donors, vendors and consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience in program planning and management
- Experience work in human rights and/or public policy
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Established relationships with public health organizations
- Working knowledge of budget oversight
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ipas Africa career website on jobs-ipas.icims.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: