IntraHealth Job Vacancy 2018 for Communications Manager, Application Details
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
The Knowledge Management & Communication Manager will provide effective professional technical / practical communication and knowledge management services to support program activities.
He/she will also be responsible for implementation of communication strategy and coordination of all events for the Mechanism.
- Ensure implementation of the organization’s Communication and Knowledge management strategy,
- Promote mechanism’s visibility by building advocacy for HRH initiatives through proactive media relations e.g. ensuring access for journalists to subject matter experts in the mechanism.
- Working closely with the project teams, lead the collection of information and the documentation of project bulletins, success stories, technical briefs and close out documents.
- Ensure that all mechanism’s final documents are of high quality and adhere to the IntraHealth International Style and Citation Standards/Guidelines.
- Assist ¡n the production and editing of information, education and communication materials e.g. brochures, fact sheets, newsletters and documentaries and their dissemination
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with government, donors, civil society organizations and other relevant partners and identify opportunities for advocacy and communication partnerships.
- Create and maintain knowledge repositories in the staff portal to store articles, reports, concept papers and other project related documents.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement to evaluate information adequacy and quality as well as staff and partner needs.
- Remain abreast of best practices in the field of HRH by consulting appropriate websites, and list serves, and ensure that these are shared with technical and program staff
Education and Experience requirements
- A master’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 8 years working experience, with demonstrated working exposure to media industry in Kenya
- Demonstrated competencies in managing media and development products such as education and communication material, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation) in program implementation
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials, NGOs, community groups and other partners.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, especially those related to interactive digital media.
- Ability to use communication tools, equipment such as pictures, video footage, writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge and experience working in a USAID funded project is a key requirement for this position
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: