IntraHealth International Job Recruitment 2018 for Global HR Business Partner
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.Summary Of RoleThe HR Business Partner will provide HR consulting services to client groups as it relates to human resources programs and policies, often encompassing several areas of human resources, including organizational development, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, benefits, performance management, training, safety and research. The HR Business Partner will be responsible for providing guidance, support, and policy development for field offices in a wide spread region to include multiple countries in Africa and Latin America. Country Office HR representatives will regularly engage with the HR Business Partner for technical matters. The HR Business Partner – International will report directly to the Director, Human Resources in the United States.Responsibilities IncludeWorkforce Planning and Strategy
- Support business strategies and develop action plans
- Strategic lead within assigned area- develop programs that support client goals and address any issues
- Track/recommend position reclassification based on new awards, awards in process, or other organizational changes
- Provide training on tools and resources to support and strengthen local HR operations
- Ensure the client’s needs are met in accordance with regulations, both local labor law and donor rules
- Ensure compliance, regulatory, and legal responsibilities are followed
- Review all new hire/position change documentation & classification and ensure alignment of compensation levels with policies & practices and keeping internal equity
- Assist as intermediary, when needed, with local labor counsel
OD/ Training/ Performance Management
- Provide ad hoc support and serve as OD consultant to support country strategic plans and operational priorities with regular communication with program directors to ensure alignment and awareness of priorities and needs
- Manage employee relations, working closely with HR representatives and country leadership, providing guidance and assistance with policy interpretation
- Support performance systems including ad hoc performance support and training interventions as needed
Compensation And Benefits
- Lead, coordinate and support local HR Representatives in local salary and benefits surveys including recommendations to newly devised or changes in local salary structures for Country Office and Headquarters approval
- Review and recommend benefits/allowances as requested by country in alignment with total compensation philosophy and for compliance purposes
Recruitment and Staffing
- Facilitate communication of award and start-up process with local candidates
- Engage and advise country HR staff on local recruiting strategies as hiring needs are identified within assigned countries.
- In country office start-up phase, provide direct support (reviewing resumes, interviewing local candidates)
- Support local management of temporary and contract employees as needed
- Master’s degree and 6+ years relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with HR leadership to implement process improvements, policies and HR programs is required.
- 2+ years international/multi-country HR experience navigating employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices is required.
- 2+ years administrator or advanced user experience with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is required.
- Ability to legally work, without sponsorship, in one of the following countries required:?Kenya or Uganda
Note: The successful candidate will be employed as a local staff member of the country in which they reside and work. Compensation and benefits will be the local package but with regional responsibilities. This is not an Expatriate or Third Country National position.
- Ability to partner, influence, and work effectively with all levels of management both at Headquarters (in the US) and in assigned countries
- Strong creative problem solving skills with the ability to develop and implement practical solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a very fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities in a global business culture
- Fluent (written and spoken) English language skills are required
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) required
- High comfort level with multi-tasking required
- Language skills in Swahili and Spanish helpful
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically/ internationally up to 25%
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Unless under special circumstances, the position is expected to work from the Intrahealth office 5 days a week. Competencies
- Innovation-Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence – Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations, and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Client Relationship Management – Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy current client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, Build and manage new relationships and collaborative alliances.
- Strategic Thinking – Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and application of business concepts, tools, and processes that are required for making sound decisions in the context of IntraHealth’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; including supporting, identifying, assessing, and/or securing new business for the organization.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) – Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors
Summary Of BenefitsIntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: