International Rescue Committee Job Vacancy 2018 for System Engineer, Application Details- Advertisements -
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for International Rescue Committee Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Rescue Committee Job Vacancy 2018
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Overview/Summary:The Systems Administrator reports to the Director, Network Operations and is primarily responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of IT infrastructure, including servers in multiple datacenters and branch offices, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS/KACE/Enterprise antivirus/Enterprise Antispam systems in coordination with engineering team. Experience with windows server, monitoring systems, resource provisioning are required. The Systems Administrator will also provide Level 2 and Level 3 support to service desk staff in multiple regions.
- Build and maintain servers and server infrastructure, including physical VMWare hosts, virtual machines.
- Ensure timely and effective maintenance of over 200 windows servers, including hardware configuration, error log checking, backup job creation and scheduling, security agent installation, OS patching and general systems resources health-checks.
- Monitor server performance, utilization and uptime, responding to any alerts and providing regular SLA reports.
- Assist in development and maintenance of network login scripts and group policies for managing desktop environment and deploying applications.
- Manage server backup process and perform data restores as requested.
- Actively monitor and remediate virus activity and endpoint security client deployment.
- Draft technical documentation as required for assigned projects.
- Provide L2 and L3 support for county and remote staff including desktop hardware and software support, printer maintenance and management, best practices and training.
- Work with vendors to ensure adherence to service level agreements and integration of processes between internal and external staff resources.
- Support and mentor IT colleagues with troubleshooting of end user issues.
- Assist wit hall other IT projects and initiatives as directed.
- Provide L2 and L3 support assistance and escalations for Service Desk team.
- Keep monitoring systems up-to-date with currently monitored systems and endpoints.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, Network Operations
Position directly supervises: NA
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
- Provide guidance to and receive escalation of issues from Global User Services (Help Desk). system administrators
- Work with senior engineers on system design for projects, and to coordinate complex troubleshooting efforts
Job Requirements: The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Work Experience: 3+ years
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:- Advertisements -
- Active Directory, DHCP/DNS and Windows server administration
- Datacenter hardware / Server hardware
- SSL encryption and VPN
- Backup technologies such as Symantec BackupExec or CommVault, Veeam and MozyPro
- Software licensing and maintenance
- Information security principles
- Cloud hosting solutions such as Microsoft Azure
- Office 365 administration
- Linux server administration
- Single sign-on technologies such as Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) administration
Language Skills: English required, French is a plus
Certificates or Licenses:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or higher
- ITIL Foundations
- Hardware technician certification from vendors such as HP or Dell
- Standard office work environment,
- This is a full-time position at nairobi, Kenya iHUB
- Relocation assistance is not available
- No travel requirement, however international travel opportunities are available.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on rescue.csod.com to apply- Advertisements -
Share this post with your Friends: See more Post about: