International Rescue Committee Job Vacancies 2018 for Nurse NGO
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Head Nurse, the nurse will be directly responsible for;
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with specific conditions as prescribed by the clinician.
- Identify and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing long-term conditions.
- Supervise incentive staffs working in the specific ward
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s charts.
- Perform bedside nursing.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervise incentive staff working in RH and EPI at a designated clinic.
- Assist the CO during the running of a clinic and whenever required.
- Together with the C.O organize for adequate clinic coverage when required.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas:
- Ability to provide overall leadership at the assigned ward or department.
- Ensure timely and quality health care services to refugees
- Maintain accurate inventory and ensure rational use of medical supplies and drugs
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Required Experience & Competencies
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
To apply follow link below; https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=1029
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: