International Organization for Migration Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Development Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for International Organization Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Organization Job Vacancy 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOM/047/2018
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, with possibility of extension
The USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) funded Somalia Stabilization Initiative (SSI) project in Somalia is primarily a community-based, small grants initiative implemented in close coordination with the donor, with communities in priority areas, and with all levels of Government, particularly newly formed District Administrations and regional state institutions. The overall objective of the program is to support the political transition of Somalia towards a functioning and stabilized Federal State through activities that promote good governance, consolidation of the federal structure, and a receptive environment to respond to emerging political contingencies;
Under the overall guidance of the SSI Deputy Chief of Party, and under the direct supervision of the Program Officer in Mogadishu, the successful candidate will be responsible for drafting all aspects of the grants activities on the Web Based Database (WBDB) and providing general support to the Program Development Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Project Advisors in drafting grant documents to be presented to the donor.
- Assist the Senior Project Advisors and Project Advisors in collection of all grant background information and data required for grant writing and draft Activity Proposals and Budgets.
- Work closely with field and Nairobi monitoring and evaluation teams in typing monitoring and evaluation plans for different grants.
- Work closely with field and Nairobi procurement teams in preparation of specific grant budgets.
- Submit draft activity proposals and budgets for review and comments to the relevant technical units within SSI and incorporate all edits and comments into the grant proposal.
- Work closely with the field based grant writer (s) to verify all pending grants are submitted or being worked on.
- Report on the status of all pending grants through the weekly activity notes to the grants Unit every Tuesday.
- Attend all the pre-yellow light, yellow light meetings and pre-GL meetings and take minutes.
- Work with the grants unit to ensure all awardees and partners are vetted upon yellow light.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and any other related field with two years’ experience.
- Completed Secondary school with Diploma in Business Administration and/or Social Sciences, International Relations with four years’ experience
- Knowledge and use of Access database and Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook and Word;
- Sound knowledge of development programme planning and implementation of objectives;
- Understanding of socio-political dynamics of Somalia is added advantage;
- Excellent English writing and analytical skills;
- Preferred; some prior grant /proposal writing experience with international organizations and or USAID funded projects;
Fluency in English and Somali is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More