International Finance Corporation Job Vacancy 2018 for Environmental and Social Development Specialist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for International Finance Corporation Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
International Finance Corporation Job Vacancy 2018
As part of our commitment to creating a dynamic, creative and diverse working environment, we have launched a recruitment drive aimed to attract nationals of Sub-Saharan African and Caribbean countries. This initiative is for nationals with a current passport from a Caribbean or Sub-Saharan African country.
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In FY17, we delivered a record $19.3 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to help end poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC is looking for dynamic, motivated, and detail-oriented professionals with strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills to provide support to IFC’s team of environment and social specialists who are responsible for IFC investments in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
The work to be undertaken is described below and will include:
- Undertake Environmental and Social (E&S) due diligence of IFC’s proposed investments in Real Sector projects (e.g., mining, manufacturing, infrastructure, agribusiness, health and education) and Financial Markets through:
- gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific Performance Standards for assigned projects;
- identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts;
- production of high quality work products that clearly and logically frame risk mitigation; and
- identification of opportunities for value add in project structure, including providing IFC clients with guidance in establishing E&S Management Systems to ensure
- compliance with IFC E&S requirements;
- Supervise environmental and social performance of client companies;
- Contribute to the design and delivery of learning programs on sustainability and environment risk management for IFC clients and investment staff; and
- Assist IFC staff with business development, to ensure the environmental issues are addressed early in the process;
- Graduate/Advanced degree in relevant discipline (e.g. environmental, social sciences, science, engineering);
- Minimum of five years working experience, preferably in the assessment and management of environmental and/or social impacts of real sector and Financial Markets projects;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize diverse E&S related data and information;
- Work experience in one or more Sub-Saharan Africa countries and ability to travel extensively in the region;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken;
- Ability to operate as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team; and
- Familiarity with IFC Performance Standards
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Finance Corporation (IFC) career website on worldbankgroup.csod.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: