International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Job Vacancy For NGO Information Management Internships, Application Details
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC or “the Federation”) is the World’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
In Nairobi, the Africa Regional Office is based. From this office most of the African National Societies are supported. The Africa Regional Office has started a branch mapping project. The purpose of this project is to create a dataset with all the branches of the National Societies in Africa. This dataset should contain (of each branch) the geographical coverage, number of volunteers, number of staff, activities, etc. This will then be used to create maps with thematic overlays using external data (like weather, population, etc).
This information will, amongst others, be used for better planning of emergency response activities.
The IFRC Africa Information Management unit is seeking an Intern to support the above-mentioned branch mapping project to be based in the IFRC Nairobi office for 3-4 months.
Table of Contents
Information Management Internship Responsibilities
- Quality checks and verification of data coming in from National Societies
- Gather external (geo) data
- Creating maps (printable and online)
- Documentation of structures and procedures
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications for the Information Management Internship
- Master’s Degree in GIS or related course.
- Excel (required)
- QGIS (required)
- Carto (preferred)
- GeoJSON (preferred)
- French knowledge is an added advantage
- Able to work in a team
- Good degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Self-motivated, with good judgement and initiative
- Good interpersonal and written communication
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: