International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2018 for Communication Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2018
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
(Fixed term – 7 months)
About the Job
Based in Nairobi, the Communication Assistant – Production is the Delegation’s focal point for the production of communication materials and products. S/he coordinates within and across other departments and with field structures, Nairobi Regional Communications Centre, Cairo Regional Communications Centre and local suppliers to ensure the development and supply of communication tools as budgeted and as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the delegation’s overall communication tools requirements, within the framework of the Field Production Book and is in charge of tracking all production and consumption needs in line with approved budget and institutional guidelines and timelines;
- Implements communication tools productions and coordinates all production requests for all ICRC departments and office in Nairobi and Somalia;
- Guides and supervises staff in the selection of appropriate tools and monitors the use of materials in line with departmental and institutional guidelines, whilst focusing on the correct target audience;
- Coordinates with Nairobi and Cairo Regional Communications Centres for productions that require regional support;
- Supports in-house productions, assists in the development of new publications and other communication materials in terms of the concept, design and use;
- Develops a network and database of local suppliers/service providers for print material, audiovisual services, photographers, illustrators and designers;
- Ensures proper archiving of all communication materials; publications, still and audio-visual material depicting the work of the ICRC in Somalia;
- Works in closely with Field Officers to ensure that the public communication set-up at field level is properly organized;
- Oversees the stock management and distribution of publications and other ICRC communication materials;
- Supports the field to ensure stocks are adequate, providing guidance on efficient use, follow-ups and re supply of communication materials and tools;
- Handles all administrative duties within the Communication department, coordinating with field communication staff on plans of action, reports, budget allocations and corresponding expenditures in line with the approved budget;
- Compiles operational communication statistics on a regular basis;
- Spends 20% of the time in the field, in support of field structure especially in development, implementation and roll out of the field – driven productions.
Interested? You should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following competencies:
- University degree in Law, Communication or Journalism;
- At least 3 years of experience in communication, journalism or publishing;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, good spoken and written Somali is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, email and internet usage;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Ability to Network sufficiently and Communicate effectively;
- At ease when expressing and exchanging views and ideas, and ability to analyse and synthesize information;
- Knowledge of ICRC mandate and activities is an added asset;
- Good knowledge of the socio-cultural, economic and political environment of Somalia.
- A dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework.
1st August 2018
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter mustindicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is address 30th June 2018. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: