International Committee of the Red Cross Job Vacancy For Communication Officer NGO, Application Details
Based in Nairobi or Mogadishu, the Communication Officer implements and monitors communication programs in Somalia. He/she develops projects and specific assignments to be handled and streamlines plans of action.
Table of Contents
Communication Officer Job Responsibilities
- Implements and monitors operational communication and community engagement projects;
- Contributes to the development and production of communication tools, including publications, MS Power
- Point presentations and audio visual material;
- Supports the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) Communications department in design and implementation of operational and organizational development, including risk assessment, planning and budgeting;
- Organizes dissemination sessions, presentations, trainings and other events;
- Ensures smooth running of communication activities and independently uses his/her judgment to solve arising issues;
- Maintains and develops contacts with target groups, including local authorities, learning institutions, organized youth groups and beneficiaries;
- Provides written and oral translation/interpretation during meetings/communication sessions;
- Produces analytical reports on operational communication;
- Presents and explains the ICRC mandate, principles and activities implemented in Somalia;
- Contributes to annual planning and budgetary processes within the department;
- Supports other departments on communication issues.
Requirements for the Communication Officer Job
- University degree in Law, Communications , Public Relations, International Relations or related field(s);
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications in a humanitarian environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Somali languages;
- A high level of computer literacy;
- Excellent analytical, networking and presentation skills;
- Proven planning and organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the International Humanitarian Law (IHL);
- Good knowledge of the ICRC mandate and activities and the ICRC humanitarian partnership policy with operating National Societies (an added advantage).
- If Nairobi-based, the job holder will be expected to have 70% travel to Somalia.
- If Mogadishu-based, the job holder will have 70% travel within Somalia.
- A dynamic and challenging work setting in the humanitarian environment;
- Training and development opportunities; A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com.
Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 14th January 2018. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: