Insurance Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy 2018 for Supervision, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Insurance Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Insurance Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy 2018
The Insurance Regulatory Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We post vacant positions as they fall and interested candidates are encouraged to regularly visit this page for new vacancies. We only consider candidates for the positions that they apply.
Interested and qualified candidates are therefore encouraged to apply when qualifications are in line with the requirements of the respective advertised position.
Coordinate the supervision of regulated entities to ensure prudent regulation/supervision of all registered General insurance companies.
- Ensure the risk profiling of all general insurance companies.
- Ensure that the risk profile for the general insurance companies is updated periodically.
- Ensure that the returns from the general insurance companies are received, analyzed and periodic reports made to the Manager Supervision
- Ensure that the risk status for all general insurance companies is up dated quarterly and reported to the head of market supervision
- Coordinate and ensure that all approvals are granted in accordance with the insurance Act.
- Ensure that unaudited and audited accounts and actuarial reports of all general insurance companies are received, analyzed deviations noted information used for decision making.
- Review applications for registration and licensing of all general insurance companies in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
- Supervise the on-site and off-site inspection of all general insurance companies.
- Ensure compliance of all general insurance companies with the provisions of the Insurance Act and other supervisory guidelines.
- Ensure the divisional SOPs and service charters are adhered to and implemented
- Bachelors’ degree in insurance / finance / accounting / actuarial:
- Professional insurance qualification e.g. ACII / AIIK/CPA(K)/ ACCA/ CFA/ CSIA
- Member of the ACII/ AIIK or similar bodies; and
- Proficiency in ICT
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Eight (8) years’ experience gained in the insurance industry, two (2) of which should have been at a supervisory level;
- Experience in preparation of analytical and numerical reports;
- Experience analysing financial and insurance reports; and
- Strong communication, reporting and speech writing skills;
- Good mentorship and coaching skills;
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills; and
- Good analytical, investigative, auditing and inspection skills
- Good team management and leadership skills
- Ethical and integrity;
- Strategic thinking and team player; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly stating the job title and reference number for the position) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 5.00pm on 26th November 2018 to:
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: