Insurance Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy 2018 for Legal Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Insurance Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Insurance Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy 2018
Immediate Supervisor: Corporation Secretary/Chief Manager, Legal Affairs
Responsible to the Corporation Secretary/Chief Manager, Legal Affairs for effective review and interpretation of the Insurance Act and other Statutes.
Drafting of leases, contracts, agreements and other legal documents. Ensuring effective litigation management and alternative dispute resolution.
Giving necessary support to the insurance appeals tribunal. Monitoring implementation of the compliance strategy. Providing administrative services for board secretarial duties.
- To assist the Corporation Secretary with the formulation, development and implementation of corporate legal policies and procedures.
- To assist the Corporation Secretary in providing administrative services to the Board.
- To assist the Corporation Secretary with the provision of legal advice and interpretation to the Authority on matters that relate to the Insurance Act and other related laws.
- To attend to litigation matters and brief the Corporation Secretary as appropriate on court case proceedings and possible courses of action to take.
- To liaise with the Attorney General’s Chambers and as appropriate on representation of court cases.
- To draft proposed amendments to the Insurance Act, the presentation of any document or instrument that requires approval by the Attorney General or any Government Office/Department.
- To provide legal advice to other Sections/Divisions on various matters of law.
- To liaise with the Consumer Protection Section in complaint resolution activities as may be necessary.
- To assist the Corporation Secretary with the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the divisional budget, work plans and procurement plans.
- To offer legal support to the supervision team in the course of inspections, approvals and enforcement pursuant to the Insurance Act, Regulations and Guidelines.
- To prepare in consultation with Corporation Secretary, legal drafts and negotiate contracts, leases, formal agreements and other legal instruments between the Authority and other parties and participate in settlement and arbitration of disputes.
- To ensure compliance by the Authority with the Insurance Act and other relevant laws.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university
- Certified Public Secretary and a Member of the ICPSK in good standing.
- Post graduate Diploma in Legal Education from Kenya School of Law.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a Member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing.
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum Seven (7) years’ experience in providing legal services as well as demonstrated experience in drafting, litigation management and law enforcement.
- Excellent communication, listening, negotiation, analytical, influencing, proposal and report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills specifically on MS Office applications.
- Excellent investigative, research and drafting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
- Maturity, confidentiality, impartiality and trustworthiness.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly stating the job title and reference number for the position) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 5.00pm on 26th November 2018 to:
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: