Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Recruitment 2018 for Research Associate NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Recruitment 2018
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: This study aims to understand the impacts of a light touch management training on small firms in Kenya. IPA is working with the African Management Initiative (AMI) to conduct a Randomized Control Trial on one of their management training programs.
Unlike interventions offered by large consulting firms, AMI’s program costs about $500 per firm. The goal of this study is to understand the impacts of this program on not just management practices but also firm size, revenues and profits as this could be key to understanding low cost ways of improving firm outcomes in the developing world.
About the Position: The Research Associate under the general supervision of the Research Manager and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures coordinates the facilitation of field activities and functions within IPAK. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Research Associate, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Research Manager.
Research Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple project data collection activities, including baseline, phone surveys, midline and endline surveys of businesses.
- Develop and pilot survey instruments.
- Design forms for electronic data collection (using SurveyCTO) and manage survey data.
- Train and manage teams to conduct surveys.
- Ensure all aspects of data quality and assist with data cleaning and preliminary analysis.
- Manage logistics for new pilot activities.
- Manage project budgets, including tracking project expenses and adherence to the project budget.
- Work closely with principal investigators and the local partners to ensure study protocols are followed.
- Assist with donor reporting and proposal writing.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications for the Research Associate Job
- Preferably Master’s degree in management, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Prior work experience (2-4 years) conducting field research in developing contexts collecting quantitative data. Experience working with firms and businesses, strongly preferred.
- Experience managing, designing and implementing both in-person surveys and phone surveys.
- Ability to manage and clean complex datasets, preferably, using STATA.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage field teams and data collection at various levels (planning, piloting, collecting, transcribing, back-checking, financial budgeting and reporting, human resources and team building).
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and policy makers.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English and Swahili.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: