Indepth Research Services Ltd Job Vacancy 2018 for Humanitarian Learning Advisor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Indepth Research Services Ltd Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Indepth Research Services Ltd Job Vacancy 2018
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Humanitarian Trainee & Learning advisor to manage all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
Training and curriculum Development
- Identify the Humanitarian training needs, plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Coach, train, and mentor Humanitarian Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the Humanitarian team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Training Manager.
- Facilitation of international trainings workshops in Humanitarian and Disaster to our corporate and NGOs clients.
- Establish a publishable Statistics and Humanitarian and Disaster Management course catalog to include target audiences, learning objectives, and maintenance.
- Develop consistent curriculum framework for all trainings in alignment with strategic goals, and education credits where applicable.
- Utilize a variety of media to maximize training effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain training compliance database to track course completion for target audiences, as dictated by regulatory requirements.
- Complete pre- and post-course work that includes, but is not limited to: pre-course assessments, grading and processing final exams, updating attendance records, and reporting course or student issues.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on course design and materials to support any areas that need improvement.
- Review all course curriculums on a regular basis to be prepared to conduct any course assigned on short-notice.
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Masters degree in Public Health, Bachelor degree in Sociology, Social Work, Public Health, International Development, or another relevant field,
- Sound knowledge and field experience of humanitarian relief issues and a commitment to humanitarian relief.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, R Studio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Professional Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrable competence in and enthusiasm for practical training methods.
- A sound appreciation of the range of personal and technical issues facing relief workers such as health, International law, quality standard, gender etc.
- GIS experience is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in MS Office is essential
- At least 2 years’ M&E experience in a busy environment.
- The logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- Humanitarian Disaster Management methods and approaches including quantitative, qualitative and participatory;
- Planning and implementation of Humanitarian and Disaster management systems;
- Facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of Humanitarian and Disaster management data with multiple stakeholders;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a humanitarian training environment with a focus on Adult Learning.
- Knowledge of statistics is highly preferred.
- Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should only send their CVs (with 3 referees) firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Humanitarian Learning Advisor’ on or before 1st December 2018 by 1pm.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: