Impala Club Job Vacancies 2018 for Head Chef
Impala Club Kenya is a Private Members Club that is sports oriented. Our facilities include: an ultra-modern Health and Fitness Spa, a well-stocked Members Bar, Catering facility offering fairly priced and delicious meals, a floodlight Rugby pitch, separate Hockey and Soccer Pitches, Six Tennis and Five Squash Courts, Cricket Pitch with its own Pavilion, Big Screen TV in the main lounge, a Board Room, ample secure Cabro parking and expanded and refurbished 33 meter Swimming Pool, where Members and their Guests enjoy, Rugby, Swimming, Cricket, Gym, Hockey, Walking, Jogging, Pool, Table Tennis, Darts and Socializing, over our ample, well maintained grounds. We also have a Ladies Salon, a Barber shop and a Car Wash facility.
The Head Chef will report to the Food and Beverage Manager on the productivity and operations of the kitchen and motivate and provide direction to the staff in the department as well as the supervision of the kitchen team ensuring performance reviews are done.
The ideal candidate will be a Kenyan citizen who has the following:
- Diploma in Culinary Arts/Certification in Food and Beverage production or similar qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Hospitality related field would be an added advantage
- Management and Supervisory skills
- Over 5 years’ experience in supervision in hospitality industry
- Knowledge in Technical Areas (experience);
The Head Chef is responsible for:
- Determining production schedules and staff requirements for timely delivery of services.
- Estimating the amounts and costs of required supplies and make the orders while adhering to the quality and budgets set.
- Ensuring compliance to established standards within the club while ensuring safety.
- Ensuring that the food operations are controlled in a manner which reaches the desired cost of sales and maximizing potential and optimizing resources.
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Guiding the cooks and other kitchen staff on preparation and presentation of meals.
- Ensuring the security of all foods and equipment by maintaining procedures laid down by the Health and Safety Policy.
- Coming up/reviewing the Menu as and when required.
- Overseeing smooth operation of the kitchen including cleanliness
- Training of the kitchen staff and the service department on new menus
- Allocating duties and supervising the kitchen staff
- Working hand in hand with procurement to ensure the kitchen requirements are met
- Handling complains that may be raised by the Member/Guests
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills
- Supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Creative and innovative
- Coordination skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly and urgently apply via email to [email protected]lub.co.ke
When applying, kindly remember to address your application to:
The Human Resource -Ref: Head Chef Vacancy Off Ngong Road, PO Box 41516 NAIROBI.
Share this post with your Friends: