I&M Bank Vacancy 2018 for Lead Data Scientist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for I&M Bank Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
I&M Bank Job Vacancy 2018
I &M Bank Limited (a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country) is looking to set up a Digital factory to drive its digital strategy. The Digital factory will work under a special function hived off from the day to day operations and will collaborate with different functions of the Bank to deliver solutions that are customer-centric in design and that will radically simplify business requirements and scale fast to full utilization using a clean sheet approach to deliver the desired value.
The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
REF: DS /10/2018
The role holder will be responsible for designs, prototypes, and building the next-generation analytics engines and services with basic visualization ability.
The Incumbent will report to the Digital Factory Manager or any other official as may be designated and will be responsible for:
- Evaluating the business problem and thinking of possible data sources and algorithms to develop a hypothesis. Thinking about the logic and math behind the code to generate insights from chaotic data
- Developing robust analytical models to address complex business problems and driving innovation.
- Conducting advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights , identifying trends and measuring performance
- Implementing data solutions through basic visualization tools
- Providing thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with business leaders
- MS/PhD in computer science, statistics, (applied) mathematics, physics or related technical discipline (eg. operations research, econometrics, etc.)
- Expert in working with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and predictive modeling
- Expert in SQL and R (or Python)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross-functional teams
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial mindset
- 7+ years’ experience in a data science role, preferably leading others, with deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics and optimization
- Experience with implementing full analytics pipeline (defining business problem, data engineering, feature construction, modeling and implementation)
- Experience with analytics project management tools (Git, Jira)
- Experience with distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, etc.) is preferred
- Considerable experience with a wide range of tools such as SparkML, H2O, FlinkML, TensorFlow is preferred
- Experience in working with basic visualization tools such as Tableau and Qlik, etc.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
- Experience with SQL and R/Python is required. Experience with programming in C, C++, Java is a valuable addition.
- Knowledge of computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.)
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment with minimum guidance
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 26th November 2018. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources I&M Bank Limited I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: [email protected] (preferred option)
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: