IFDC Job Vacancy 2018 for Foundation Fundraising Advisor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for IFDC Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
IFDC Job Vacancy 2018
Globally, IFDC has a long history of support from private foundations, bilateral, and multilateral donors. IFDC has ambitions to increase engagement with foundational donors, increase its portfolio of institutional partnerships, and grow its global programs, to achieve its global strategy and vision. IFDC recognizes the potential of foundation partnership in terms of fundraising but also regarding influencing significant global development programs. At this time, IFDC seeks to assess the pros and cons of more active and intentional pursuit of foundation funding and the implications of how we might grow that funding.
This consultancy work will help inform whether foundations should be a larger part of our strategy to achieve our ambition of donor diversification and growth. IFDC needs a more detailed map of foundations as donors and be clear on the implications of choosing to position ourselves as a partner of choice. The consultancy will be managed by IFDC’s Program Development Office in Washington with support from IFDC offices in Muscle Shoals, Accra, Nairobi and Dhaka.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience specifically in foundation donor portfolio management, with at least 3 years of frontline major gifts fundraising experience, or proven track record of securing five and six-figure gifts
- Experience successfully securing funds from institutional donors, knowledge of philanthropic trends, and existing relationships in this field.
- Resource mobilization skills with grants acquisition and fundraising management with tangible results in any charitable environment;
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of fundraising and the ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle including: initiating contacts with prospects and donors; developing creative and effective solicitation strategies; moving prospects and donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation; effective solicitation and gift closure; and stewardship. Advanced knowledge of different funding mechanisms including DAF and other models.
- A good understanding of the institutional funding landscape, preferably including the rural and agricultural development market and an understanding/ appreciation of institutional donor stewardship techniques. Experience with other types of funding funders (high net worth individuals, corporate foundations) a plus, as well as in building complex and consortia proposal bids and reports.
- Be able to priorities and work with minimal supervision but also work well with our team and wider teams of people from different cultures
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: