Micro Mobile Job Vacancy for Systems Engineer, Application Details
Micro Mobile Ltd is a Kenyan mobile solution company with a focus on providing microcredit and financial access solutions on a mobile platform.
The Company invites applications from dynamic, goal-oriented, high performers, with strong communication skills, for the following position:
As a Systems Engineer, you will design, implement, maintain, audit and improve software systems, perform system administration or manage networks, often as advised by the head of IT
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
- Implement server and network infrastructure for the organization
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability
- Participate in full Software Development Cycle
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs
- Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts
- Testing the architecture in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for other users
- Reviewing current systems and maintaining new systems once they are up and running.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Keep abreast with the latest technologies
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Systems Engineer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Proficiency in writing Java and Python-based application software
- Experience using Django
- Experience with mobile solutions integrations
- Strong understanding of networking and network security
- Solid understanding of VPNs and cloud technologies
- Proficiency in shell scripting will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with Linux platforms is a MUST
- 2 years’ experience in the same capacity.
How to Apply
If your experience and competencies match the above specifications, please send your cover letter and detailed CV, to [email protected] by 15th December 2017.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: