ICRC Job Vacancy For Communication Officer, Application Details
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Communication Officer Job
- Implements and monitors operational communication and community engagement projects;
- Contributes to the development and production of communication tools, including publications, MS Power Point presentations and audio visual material;
- Supports the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) Communications department in design and implementation of operational and organizational development, including risk assessment, planning and budgeting;
- Organizes dissemination sessions, presentations, trainings and other events;
- Ensures smooth running of communication activities and independently uses his/her judgment to solve arising issues:
- Maintains and develops contacts with target groups, including local authorities, learning institutions, organized youth groups and beneficiaries;
- Provides written and oral translation/interpretation during meetings/communication sessions;
- Produces analytical reports on operational communication;
- Presents and explains the ICRC mandate, principles and activities implemented in Somalia;
- Contributes to annual planning and budgetary processes within the department;
- Supports other departments on communication issues.
Communication Officer Job Qualification
- University degree in Law, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field(s);
- At least 5 years experience in communications in a humanitarian environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Somali languages;
- A high level of computer literacy;
- Excellent analytical, networking and presentation skills:
- Proven planning and organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the International Humanitarian Law (IHL);
- Good knowledge of the ICRC mandate and activities and the ICRC humanitarian partnership policy with operating National Societies (an added advantage).
How to Apply
Apply by sending cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: