IBTCI Job Vacancy for Monitoring, Verification and Reporting Assistant III, Application Details
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Monitoring, Verifications and Reporting Assistant III
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: MV&R Officer III
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring, Verifications and Reporting Assistant for its office in Nairobi, Kenya for work on the Somalia Program Support Services (SPSS) contract. This position will report to the MVR Technical Officer.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with MVR Officer 3 on site selection for each round.
- Gather background information on planned activities and disseminate to teams in the field.
- Assist in the preparation of information sheets for all verifications using quarterly reports and work plans.
- Coordinate the preparation of training materials for the TPM tool induction workshop including PowerPoint handouts, tools book and training guide etc. on a routine basis, incorporating lessons learned.
- Participate in meetings with implementing partners to discuss selected sites.
- Support testing of all new tools within the mobile data collection platforms.
- Ensure adherence to details for site visits, selected beneficiaries and other field issues.
- Work closely with Data Team to verify and cross-reference incoming data in the mobile platform (Data Quality Reviews).
- Review, clean and greenlight data uploaded for data team to analyze.
- Coordinate Nairobi level spot-checks of activities for quality control.
- Write the report focusing on Challenges, Lessons Learned and Recommendations
- Carry out spot-checks and re-interviews in the field in conjunction with MVR Officer 1.
- Assist in managing and updating SPSS verification sites databases including files and folders.
- Channel information queries related to database to relevant team members for prompt resolutions.
- Support the reviews and compilation of individual site reports as required for verification reports including collation and attachment of relevant support documentation.
- Participate in preparation/delivery of USAID quarterly presentations.
- On a routine basis collect, collate and report on internal lessons learned during the verification process.
- Ensure thorough familiarization with the MVR process, strategy and the SPSS tools and protocols for data collection.
- Coordinate MVR monthly budget projections and plans for activities.
- Assist in the documentation of IP records useful in understanding activities for verification and in planning and granting procedures.
- Participate in the training and coaching of Field Supervisors, team leaders and monitors on tools/protocols and MVR processes on an ongoing basis.
- Support all activities related to pre-deployment, deployment, post-deployment and reporting.
- Support MVTO and QAM on ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
RequiredKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in an international organization
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases and data management applications/platforms
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles desirable
- Interpersonal skills and personal maturity, tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, cooperativeness, and resourcefulness
- Able to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision
- Fluent in Somali is an added advantage
- Knowledge of the Somalia cultural, political and geographical context desirable
- Minimum two years of experience in an international organization
- Minimum two years working with databases and data management applications/platforms
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to multi-task and problem solve on a continuous basis
- Experience providing administrative support to teams, a proactive team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Humanities, Communication or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)