I Choose Life – Africa Job Vacancy For NGO Programs Cordinator, Application Details
I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today. The organization has programs in over 230 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 30 counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behaviour change communication messages.
ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’
The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Education, Economic empowerment, and improved Leadership and governance (HEEL).
Table of Contents
Programs Cordinator Job Responsibilities
Programs Planning and implementation
- Ensure timely execution of project deliverables are as outlined in the sub-agreement
- Spearhead the assessment of risks and strategies to mitigate against potential occurrence of the risk(s)
- Participate in instituting proper procurement planning through source selection, contract administration and close out
- Ensure effective utilization of project resources including budget control and value for money
- Develop quality plans to ensure the project meets the intended objectives
- Effectively manage information and relations with key stakeholders in the best interest of the program beneficiaries.
- Ensure participatory approaches in project implementation towards sustainability
Resource Mobilization and Sustainability
- Spearhead county resource mobilization in grants and products through participation in proposal development with County Officers and staff
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization.
- Initiate collaborations with the government, community and corporate
Programs Monitoring, Evaluation & Control
- Participate in reviewing the goals and objectives as set out in the scope of work
- Review the project reports (narrative and data)
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical and financial reports
- Provide effective feedback to the target institutions and beneficiaries
- Ensure participatory approaches in M&E
- Any other duties and responsibilities in line with Project and Programs Management
- Participate in the recruitment, induction and deployment of the project staff in line with ICL HR policies.
- Performance monitoring frameworks
- Liaise with HR in staff coaching and capacity development.
Requirements for the Programs Cordinator Job
- Post-graduate qualification in program management or related field
- Experience in working with diverse donor funded programs and partnerships including USAID, DFID, EU etc funded is desirable
- Professional qualifications in project management, leadership & management, monitoring & evaluation or strategic planning.
- Relevant experience in monitoring program implementation using qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Programme development experience with the ability to write strong proposals and responsive bids for new programming;
- Be an excellent facilitator and have mentorship experience.
- Knowledge on programming highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- People management skills
- Ability to work with a team, foster a team approach and incorporate capacity building activities into the program
- Ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps for designing programs.
- Experience in collecting data that will influence decision making and programming
- Demonstrates the ability to negotiate with senior managers at county and national level
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: