Human Assets Job Recriutment 2018, For Regional Gender & Protection Advisor, Application Details
Our Client who is in the Humanitarian business, is seeking a dynamic individual, who, under the direction of the Senior Regional Programme Advisor and with technical support from the Gender Office and Protection unit at Headquarters, the incumbent will provide advice, analysis and overall support to guide the organization’s humanitarian response in East and Central Africa.
- Provide strategic and technical support for the mainstreaming of gender equality and women’s empowerment, in accordance with the Regional Implementation Strategy for the Gender Policy and protection and AAP across the organization’s operations in the region
- Support efforts to integrate into the organization’s programmes accountability to affected populations (AAP), gender and protection, apply a conflict sensitive or peace building approach as appropriate and support principled humanitarian access
- Coordinate the regional bureaus’ efforts to support country offices with the practical implementation of various policies
- Advanced degree (MA or PHD) in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, gender, international development, development economics or another related field like international relations, human rights, and political science or humanitarian studies
- 5 years solid progressive experience preferably in humanitarian setting
- The candidate must be willing to travel extensively and some experience in hardship areas will be an added advantage. Some knowledge of French is also desirable, but not a must have.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating the position that you are interested in, your daytime telephone numbers, address, 3 referees from organizations you have recently served and your salary expectation to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for an application is Wednesday, 31st January, 2018 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: