Human Asset Job Vacancy 2018 for Head Of Credit, Application Details
Our Client, a leading Financial Institution is looking for an aggressive, performance driven Head of Credit. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing credit strategies, credit policies and procedures that promote efficient and effective credit risk and control environment as well as managing the quality and profitability of the credit portfolio within acceptable risk appetite.
This role is also responsible for managing the credit sanction process, credit risk analysis, credit security documentation and custody, credit administration; credit monitoring and reporting while ensuring compliance to the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) prudential guidelines, credit principles, Bank credit policy and other regulatory requirements.
- Managing and overseeing the Credit Analysis Function and approval processes. This includes Credit analysis of large value or complex proposals while overseeing the analysis of all other proposals and the credit process;
- This position is the Secretary to the Credit Risk Management Committee (CRMC) and is involved in the preparation and presentation of all relevant papers to CRMC, planning and coordinating meetings, recording and preparing minutes;
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting the portfolio performance and ensuring proper asset classification and provisioning for loans and advances as well as the analysis and reporting of the quality of the loan book and arresting negative trends;
- This position is the Secretary to the Board Credit Committee (BCC) and is involved in the preparation and presentation of all relevant papers to BCC, planning and coordinating meetings, recording and preparation of minutes;
- Being a member of the NPA Committee, reviewing and following up non-performing accounts, ensuring agreed remedial actions for non-performing accounts at minimal cost;
- Managing and overseeing of the credit security documentation process and providing guidance on an on-going basis on matters relating to security documentation as well as signing of Letters of Offer within delegated authority;
- Managing and overseeing of security custody by periodically reviewing security custody procedures and authorizing the release of security documents;
- Managing and overseeing credit administration functions and ensuring systems are in place for full income collection;
- Periodically reviewing credit policies and procedures;
- Orienting and training of new relationship staff and Branch Managers. This includes guiding of Branches and Relationship staff on credit matters on an on-going basis, arranging and facilitating formal credit training sessions as well as training the Credit department staff of Group companies;
- Managing staff by guiding, mentoring and coaching them to address identified skills gaps, resolving conflict as well as staffing and recruitment; and
- Managing external audits on the credit portfolio by the Central Bank, external auditors, and DFIs.
- Masters of Business Administration degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 12 years relevant experience, 3 of which should have been at a managerial level
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines;
- Good knowledge of the macro-economic environment;
- Good knowledge of banking products and evolving credit risk management systems; and
- Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, 3 referees from organizations you have recently served and your salary expectation to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 4th April, 2018 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: