Human Asset Consultants Job Vacancies 2018 for School Driver
The School Driver will be responsible for operation of school vehicles in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Pick up and deliver students as per set schedule
- Report any vehicle malfunctions or needed repairs, delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks i.e. check the condition of a vehicle’s tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting buses, and as they cross roads near pick up/dropping points.
- Make note of any behavioral or disciplinary problems among the pupils.
- Keep bus exteriors and interiors clean by cleaning the bus as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure the vehicle(s) are safely and securely stored and maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips, in order to ensure safety.
- Perform minor maintenance duties such as changing the oil.
- Submit regular reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage and fuel consumption.
- Be available to take on any other extra duties as assigned by the supervisor to avoid idleness during low peak hours. Such duties may or may not fall within the transport department.
- Drive pupils to educational trips, sports activities and any other school activity in a safe manner
Work together with the bus assistant in maintaining order and discipline in the bus.
- Ensure the school motor vehicle is safely and securely parked in the school and when on trips.
Report and document any vehicle defect immediately
- Responsibly handle and operate tools, equipment and machinery according to the prescribed manufacturer’s recommendations and safety procedures.
- KCSE or any related subject
- Valid Driving License with Class BCE
- Valid PSV License
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- Over 3 years proven experience preferably in a School
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to relocate and live with family within proximity of workplace
- Good Planner and organized with excellent time management skills
- Mature and Practising Christian with high morals and love for children in line with the Christian faith
- Able to function well in multi-cultural setting and a team player.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, and your salary expectation to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February, 2018 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted