Human Asset Consultants Job Vacancies 2018 for Chef
Our client, a Private School which is located at the base of Mt. Longonot is seeking to hire energetic, result oriented and aggressive candidates who have the potential and has demonstrated the ability to perform.
Applications are hereby invited for:
The Chef will be responsible for preparation, cooking and serving food to meet the specifications defined standards and quality, working within the School Policy and current health safety and hygiene legislation.
- Provide overall leadership in the catering department
- Plan and ensure implementation of work schedules for catering staff
- In collaboration with the HR office, handle all HR matters for the catering staff
- Preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets
- Plan for and ensure weekly shopping schedules for supplies are implemented within budget
- Oversee preparation of meals, snacks, and drinks for the children and staff of the School according to the menus posted
- Prepare and review menus accordingly in consultation with management
- Ensuring all equipment and supplies in the kitchen (pots, pans, dishes, silverware, cups, utensils, food products, etc.). Items are to be stored away properly after each meal is prepared and served
- Responsible for proper cleaning of kitchen after each meal is served.
- Ensuring that all meals are eaten in the Dining Hall unless permission is otherwise granted by the catering supervisor of the School. This includes staff and children
- Keep proper and accurate records for all supplies and for items used each day at School
- Organize and implement regular catering staff meetings to enhance teamwork
- Attending to the School children as necessary and appropriate. Time is to be spent every day in nurturing, loving, and caring for the children
- Perform all duties of a head of department
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor of the School
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Hospitality Management/ Food and Beverage Production
- 3 years relevant working experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to relocate and live with family within proximity of work place
- Mature and Practising Christian with high morals and love for children in line with the Christian faith
- Able to function well in multi-cultural setting and a team player
- Married successful candidates will be required to relocate with their families to reside within reasonable distance from the School
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, and your salary expectation to:
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February, 2018 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)