Hospitality Industry Job Vacancy for PR & Communications Manager, Application Details
Our client is a well established 5 star hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire an experienced and highly qualified Public Relations & Communications Manager.
He or she will be responsible of designing and executing the hotels public relations and communication strategy to guarantee the brand positioning and the continuous visibility of the hotel and its outlets in national and international media according to the hotels business objectives.
Public Relations & Communications Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop full-year public relations and communications strategy to support the hotel’s overall business objectives.
- Develop press-worthy content for the national and key feeder markets.
- Proactively source innovative public relations opportunities and collaborations to promote the hotel’s news and senior/brand spokespersons.
- Define core messages of the hotel and its outlets, develop press materials.
- Maintain and strengthen the relationships with top-tier travel / trade, consumer lifestyle and local influencers.
- Act as main contact for crisis communications.
- Assist the Head of Sales and Marketing in the development of the yearly marketing plan and its budget preparation.
- Support the Head of Sales and Marketing in the coordination, promotion and execution of events.
- Work closely with high profile media trips, VIP outreach and management.
- Coordinate the development of the hotels media exposure and content.
- Provide monthly evaluation of media exposure and public relation activities including performance of PR campaigns along with return on investment statistics.
Qualifications for the Public Relations & Communications Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Communication .Marketing certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years public relations/advertising ideally within the hospitality industry
- Excellent at building networks and maintaining a good rapport with our clients
- Fluency in additional languages is an added advantage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays.
- Problem solving, organizational and training skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others to meet changing client demands and priorities
- Leadership skills and project management.
- Skilled in innovative copywriting and editing.
- Knowledge of local, international market and current trends.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Hospitality PR & Communications Manager Job before Monday 11th December 2017.
- EXPLORE MORE: