Hivisasa Recruitment 2018 for Senior Front-end Engineer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Hivisasa Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Hivisasa Recruitment 2018
Current Stack: Express Node.js, Java 8, Elasticsearch, SQL, Spring framework (Spring-boot, Spring data, Spring security, Spring XD), Redis, Angular
Requirements for the Senior Frontend Engineer Job
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years experience with Express
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are:
- An express ninja obsessed with crisp user experiences and maintainable code
- Ready to tackle challenges end to end and learn new skills
- Excited to develop, coach, and lead future team members
- Passionate about establishing good dev practices and improving the code base
- Detail oriented and capable of taking crude designs and building them into complete features
- Interested in the participation of the selection, design, implementation, and evaluation of features
- You enter conversations with strong opinions, weakly held
Senior Frontend Engineer Job Responsibilities
- You’ll be the lead developer for our existing reader facing site. With over 3.5 million monthly readers your work will have immediate impact.
- You will A/B test impactful features that will improve key engagement metrics and delight our readers.
- Whether it is suggesting the perfect next article to read, having a tailored layout for dumb phones on Opera Mini, or inferring a reader’s interests based on their location, you will be pivotal in discovering what moves the needle.
- You will own our Node.js code base and will be responsible for elegantly structuring and evolving the project.
- Heroku, ElasticSearch, Continuous Integration, Angular, Linux, Redis, Opera Mini, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Kibana, Facebook Ads, Facebook APIs
- Ad networks (Google Ads, Monetize More, Taboola)
- News media or blog sites and related challenges such as time sensitive SEO
- Experience working on sites with millions of pageviews per day, load testing, scaling
Tech at Hivisasa is a very small team. We expect you to take an active role in architecting solutions and evolving the tech team culture / best practices. We already have a product with > 3 million uniques per month, 100,000’s of page views per day. This is a great testbed on which to iterate new features. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact across the organization and our user base immediately!
What is Hivisasa:
Hivisasa is a place for African audiences to create, discover and share content. We are driven by our mission to elevate local and national debates by informing readers, providing a rewarding discussion platform, and decentralising the flow of information. Media is very controlled in this part of the world and the internet offers a chance for people with different voices to come together and get heard.
How to Apply
Email: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: