High Commission of Canada in Kenya Job Vacancy 2019 for Handyman
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for High Commission of Canada in Kenya Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
High Commission of Canada in Kenya Job Vacancy 2019
- ob Ref: 3266
- Job Title: Handyman
- Salary: KES 385.32 per hour
- Vacancy type: Indeterminate
- Level: General Support
- Classification: GS-04
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Closing date for applications: 15-05-2019 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
Under the general supervision of the Property Coordinator, the Handyman is responsible for any general indoor requirements and the maintenance and upkeep of mission grounds.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Completion of Secondary School, and Technical or professional certification (1-year certification) in either of the following fields:
o Carpentry and Joinery
• Completion of Secondary School, and National Grade Test I, or Grade Test II or Grade Test III from National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) in the following fields:
o Carpentry and Joinery
• Proficiency in English – (reading, writing, comprehension and speaking)
• Recent experience* in a position where the main tasks include repairs and general maintenance of residences
• Recent experience* in carpentry, plumbing, welding and related fields.
* Recent experience means three years of experience within the past five years.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Large Appliance Repairs
Organizational Needs: Operational Requirements:
• Possession of a Class BCE Driver’s Licence
• Must be willing and able to work overtime, as operationally required
• Must be willing and able to respond to emergencies after hours and on weekends.
• Must be able to lift and carry tools, building materials, equipment etc., up to 25 kgs, on a regular basis, without assistance.
• Must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks.
• Hours of work: 45 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Condition(s) of Employment:
• The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Reliability Status (RS), which includes criminal and credit background check, covering the entire employment period.
• Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to permanent work authorization.
• Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
Area of selection:
Open to all external applicants who are legally eligible to work and live in Nairobi, Kenya, and to all mission employees occupying an indeterminate or term position, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Applicants should be resident in the vicinity of Nairobi at the time of hiring.
Please note that the High Commission of Canada in Kenya does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly and will not relocate successful candidates.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to:
[email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The High Commission of Canada in Kenya does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada in Kenya, which might arise in the 18 months following the completion of this recruitment process, with various tenures, including indeterminate or term.
• All qualifications are non-compensatory.
• The High Commission of Canada in Kenya is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: [email protected]
How to Apply
- Closing Date: 15-05-2019 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: