HIAS Job Vacancy 2019 for Driver & Dispatch Officer NGO(3 Posts), Application details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for HIAS Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
HIAS Job Vacancy 2019
HIAS is an international non-profit organization with a vision for a world in which refugees, displaced persons and asylum seekers find welcome, safety and freedom. HIAS operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through protection, resilience, economic inclusion and provision of durable solutions.
HIAS seeks to recruit a Driver/Dispatch Officer who will provide effective transport facilitation to staff and clients in order to attain the objectives of the organization.
- Support the Eastleigh Office Staff on official transport and dispatch duties to required destinations when requested
- Facilitate transport of Kayole office Field Operations Staff when carrying out home visits and outreach activities
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport
- Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the Country.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage as required
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes as required.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Manager and other office staff in the time working at the office, in tasks including but not limited to photocopying and filing.
- Handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, and delivery and collection of official documents as required
- Minimum of Secondary school education is preferred with a Minimum of Grade C.
- Must have a clean and valid driving license of classes B, C, and E
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in driving 4WD vehicles, Nissan Vans and school bus.
Skills and Competencies
- Flexibility and ability to stand in for other drivers when required to do so is necessary.
- Good inter-personal, communication (English and Kiswahili-written and spoken) a must.
- Must have good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs
- Basic mechanical knowledge is an advantage
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae indication your current and expected salary to the email address; [email protected] In addition, indicate Vacancy Notice No. in the subject line. Applications not bearing the requirements highlighted in this advert will not be considered. Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date 28th February 2019 by 5.00pm
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: